8.4 rpm packaging problem?

От Stuart McGraw
Тема 8.4 rpm packaging problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Two problems installing the postgresql doc package,,,

I just tried to install the 8.4 postgresql-docs
and postgresql-contrib packages from the pgdg84
Fedora-11 yum repository and yum tried to install
postresql-docs-8.4rc1 (rather than 8.4.0) from
the pgdg repo.

The exact sequence of events was to install
postresql-8.3.7 from Fedora's repo, download and
install the pgdg84 repo rpm, do a yum upgrade to
postgresql to 8.4.0 from the pgdg repo (this worked
fine), and then do "yum install postgresql-docs
postgresql-contrib".

Is the pgdg84 yum repo messed up?  Or did I do
something wrong?  I'm not very knowledgeable
about yum.

Second, after getting the postgresql-docs package
installed by just downloading and installing the
right rpm, I notice the FAQ subdirectory contains
the FAQ in many languages, but not english.
Intentional?