NOTICE: there is no transaction in progress

От Rodrick Hales
Тема NOTICE: there is no transaction in progress
Дата
Re: NOTICE: there is no transaction in progress
Список pgsql-general
We have two machines that run a C application that interfaces with a Postgres database.  They are our development and production machines.  The version is PostgreSQL 8.3.7 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, complied by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.1.2.20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42) .

On the development machine,  I don't get notices and warnings related to Postgres SQL commands.  COMMIT and ABORT are likely the culprits.  On the production machine I do.  I understand these errors get sent to the 'stderr' stream by default.  I don't know which command exactly is causing the notices and warnings in the program and why the behavior is only happening on one machine.  Are there some settings on the database that have been set for displaying such warnings and notices?  Why does it happen one and not the other?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Rodrick Hales
State Tax Commission
Office Of Information Technology
(601) 923.7427