Re: Slow restoration question

От Brendan Duddridge
Тема Re: Slow restoration question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Jim,

The output from bonnie on my boot drive is:

File './Bonnie.27964', size: 0
Writing with putc()...done
Rewriting...done
Writing intelligently...done
Reading with getc()...done
Reading intelligently...done
Seeker 2...Seeker 1...Seeker 3...start 'em...done...done...done...
               -------Sequential Output-------- ---Sequential Input--
--Random--
               -Per Char- --Block--- -Rewrite-- -Per Char- --Block---
--Seeks---
Machine    MB K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %
CPU  /sec %CPU
             0 36325 98.1 66207 22.9 60663 16.2 50553 99.9 710972
100.0 44659.8 191.3

And the output from the RAID drive is:

File './Bonnie.27978', size: 0
Writing with putc()...done
Rewriting...done
Writing intelligently...done
Reading with getc()...done
Reading intelligently...done
Seeker 1...Seeker 2...Seeker 3...start 'em...done...done...done...
               -------Sequential Output-------- ---Sequential Input--
--Random--
               -Per Char- --Block--- -Rewrite-- -Per Char- --Block---
--Seeks---
Machine    MB K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %
CPU  /sec %CPU
             0 40365 99.4 211625 61.4 212425 57.0 50740 99.9 730515
100.0 45897.9 190.1

Each drive in the RAID 5 is a 400 GB serial ATA drive. I'm not sure
the manufacturer or the model number as it was all in a packaged box
when we received it and I didn't check.

Do these numbers seem decent enough for a Postgres database?

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  brendan@clickspace.com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE