Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables
Дата
Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migratedtables  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Do we have no composite types in the regression tests, or do we not
> store any in the database?  Same the enums.

Looks like the enum regression tests at least drop all their tables :-(

> To allow pg_migrator to work, I would need to reserve the oids in
> pg_type, import the dump, and renumber the pg_type entries (and
> everything pointing to them) to the proper pg_type.oid.  The big problem
> there is that I don't have access at the SQL level to set or change
> oids. I am afraid the oid remumbering is something we would have to do
> in the backend by walking through the pg_depend entries for the pg_type
> row.  Yuck.

Yeah. Maybe we need some special way of setting the oids explicitly. But
preventing a clash might be fairly difficult.

Excluding every database that has a composite/array-of
user-defined-type/enum type would be pretty nasty. After all, these are
features we boast of.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables
Сообщение: Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables