Re: Postgres and/or Access, Oh My!

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Postgres and/or Access, Oh My!
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
> This is a small organization that services the sight impaired and blind
> of south central Pennsylvania.  This particular aspect of the
> organization employs the sight impaired and is a type of third party
> logistics.  The organization receives product,  do some light assembly
> of sample packets, and ship it out for a manufacturer in the area who is
> asking for more and more detailed data.

This sounds like ERP.

Pretty much *all* of the open source ERP systems ship with PostgreSQL by
default, and some use only PostgreSQL.  Among these are:

* xTuple
* LedgerSMB
* OpenBravo
* Apache OfBiz
* Adempiere (Compiere fork)

I'd suggest combining one of the above with Radix or Access for ad-hoc
querying/reports.  Or just BIRT for reports.

Unfortunately, due to not being very organized about case
studies/references, I don't have anything offhand from the multiple
charities which use PG.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.