Re: How do I run PG Tuning Wizard on Linux?

От Sachin Srivastava
Тема Re: How do I run PG Tuning Wizard on Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/30/2009 07:31 PM, Jennifer Trey wrote:
Unfortunately I used the apt-get utility. So I might have missed out on those packages.
But I un-installed (I hope I got everything) and deleted some folders, got the one click installer and re-installed. I got everything now and  set up postgre and it is working fine. However (something I ran into), running pg_config --sharedir gives a folder that doesn't exist anymore( from previous installation I would think (i might have deleted that folder))

Running the TuningWizard seems to not be working though. After I select "mixed", it says: "Initializing Webservice" and then it disappears and nothing ever happens... Looking at the postgresql.conf file , it seems not have been touched...
Possibly a crash. Please try running TuningWizard from command line and see if you get any error messages.

Just a thought, do I need the Apache Server thingy that one can select on the StackBuilder?

No not for running TuningWizard atleast.
I am running on Ubuntu Server 9.04

Thanks / Jen

--
Regards,