Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Williamson wrote:
> [wretched top-posting -- begs forgiveness!]
>
> KaiGai --
>
> I have edited the first three sections (up to but not including "Architecture"),> mostly cleaning up language but I
didrun into a few places where I am not> sure if I got the proper meaning -- I flagged those in square brackets

(e.g.[...])> and with your name. Feel free to change them, accept them, or confer back with me> about them.

Thanks for your efforts so much.
I'll confirm it tomorrow (in JST).

> In particular, in the Security policy section you had:
>
>> TE rules use the third field in the security context. It is called type or domain (for processes).
>> allow httpd_t sepgsql_ro_table_t : db_table {getattr select lock};
>
> I thought that colons were used to split these fields, so the above line would> have only 2 ? Perhaps after the
httpd_t?

It says the third field in the security policy, not a rule in the security
policy. Sorry, it might be introduced more carefully.

In the default security policy, web server process performs labeled as
"system_u:system_r:httpd_t:s0".                   ^^^^^^^
This rule is checked when web server process tries to access a table labeled
as "system_u:object_r:sepgsql_ro_table_t:s0", for example.                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The TE rule is defined between the pair of third field (which is called type
or domain) of security contexts.

# BTW, basically, the second field is used for RBAC rules, the fourth field
# is used for MLS rules. The first field is used to record who create the
# object.

Thanks,

> I'd like to get some feedback from you (and any other readers) before I do more ... I need to go deal an invasion of
thekitchen -- it is garbage collection morning (early) and I just had a pretty young skunk and two raccoon kits in
rapidorder and I have to clean up and secure the premises.

--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Reserve the shared memory region during backend startup on
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: SE-PostgreSQL Specifications