Re: Review: Revise parallel pg_restore's scheduling heuristic

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Review: Revise parallel pg_restore's scheduling heuristic
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> So far, all tests have shown no difference in performance based on
> the patch;
My testing to that point had been on a "big" machine with 16 CPUs and
128 GB RAM and dozens of spindles.  Last night I tried with a dual
core machine with 4 GB RAM and 5 spindles in RAID 5.  Still no
difference with the patch.
Any suggestions besides the foreign keys?  Should 488 FKs be enough to
matter here?  (Barring better suggestions, I'll try the small machine
again tonight with the default configuration, rather than the
optimized one.)
-Kevin

От: "Tao Ma"
Сообщение: question about the _SPI_save_plan() and plan cache
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] new digest datatypes, or generic fixed-len hex types?