Re: display previous query string of idle-in-transaction

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: display previous query string of idle-in-transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hmm, I don't think we'd need two columns for this, actually.  You
> could just have one column last_statement_endtime (not sure if it's
> the best name, but something along those lines) which would be NULL
> if the statement was still in progress and the appropriate timestamp
> if not.  You could infer idle from whether or not that column was
> NULL.
That would lose the ability to tell what the idle time was before the
latest statement began, but maybe that's not interesting enough to
justify another column....
>> Of course, you might be more interested in those which are idle in
>> a transaction, but that's easily done with these changes -- just
>> throw in xact_start IS NULL.
>
> Surely if xact_start is NULL it is not in a transaction at all?
That's exactly the point I was trying to make.  Sorry if that appeared
to be saying anything else.
-Kevin

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: display previous query string of idle-in-transaction
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: display previous query string of idle-in-transaction