Re: SE-PostgreSQL?

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: SE-PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> I think the best thing for this patch right now is to move it to
> "Returned with Feedback".  I can't see any way that this patch is
> going to be made committable for this CommitFest, and I think that
> pretending otherwise is only encouraging KaiGai to do another of his
> lighting rework-and-resubmits.  While those are very impressive,
> they're not getting us where we need to be.  I think that what KaiGai
> needs to do here is get the spec written (with the help of Greg
> Williamson and anyone else who is willing to pitch in), and submit it
> for comments.  I don't think there will be a problem getting that
> reviewed outside of a CommitFest, and it's not a patch anyway, so the
> time that it gets submitted is not crucial.  What is crucial is that
> it is a good spec that everyone can read, and hopefully understand and
> discuss.  There is no point writing any more code, or submitting any
> more patches, until we have agreement on what those patches are
> supposed to do.

I also agree that the easy understandable specification what SE-PostgreSQL
tries to achieve is more important than implementation.

I described it from the scratch again.
Here is an initial draft: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL_Draft

I would like to improve documentation quality and fix its specification
during the discussion.

> I am going to go ahead and mark this as "Returned with Feedback".

Agreed.

--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>