Re: Can LIKE under utf8 use INDEXes?

От Andreas Wenk
Тема Re: Can LIKE under utf8 use INDEXes?
Дата
Re: Can LIKE under utf8 use INDEXes?
Список pgsql-general
Robert James wrote:
> Thanks - I don't show any locale:
> rbt_development=> \l
>   List of databases
>   Name | Owner | Encoding
> ----------------------------+---------------------+----------
>  rbt_development | rbt | UTF8

ahm - you are running pg 8.2. There I think the + option is not
available (\l+). So if you use a debian based system and installed it
via the package manager apt or aptitude you could give this a try:

/usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/bin/pg_controldata \
/var/lib/postgresql/8.2/main/ |grep LC

This should output something like:

LC_COLLATE:    de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE:      de_DE.UTF-8