Re: psql \du and \dg is the same - pg 8.4

От Andreas Wenk
Тема Re: psql \du and \dg is the same - pg 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> ANdreas Wenk <a.wenk@netzmeister-st-pauli.de> writes:
>> actually I discovered that using \du and \dg in psql is providing the
>> same result:
>
> Yup.  The psql documentation says as much.

ok - got it ;-)

Should have read the psql docu ...

>> I am wondering why there is \dg at all.
>
> Users and groups used to be distinct kinds of objects.  They aren't
> anymore, but people might still be used to the old commands.

Yeah I know - but I was wondering if it would make sense to have \dg
with a different result because here

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/role-membership.html

the people still read about group roles. I am not sure what is confusing
here - in psql or in the docu.

>             regards, tom lane

Cheers

Andy