Re: Order of operations in ascii vs archive format (moderately urgent)

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Order of operations in ascii vs archive format (moderately urgent)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
The ascii dump has serveral CREATE FUNCTION gbtreeN_{in,out} but I don't
see them in the current (source) database using '\df gbtree*'.  Using
'\df gbt*' I get 111 functions for which all the names begin 'gbt_'.
Have I lost them? The gbtreekeyN types are still there.

Tom Lane wrote:
> Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Is there a difference in the order of execution between an ascii dump
>> and one using the "custom" format?  Or any difference in the general
>> operation?
>>

> There's not supposed to be.  One standard test on the pg_dump code is
>     pg_dump >textfile
>     pg_dump -Fc >dumpfile
>     pg_restore dumpfile >textfile2
>     diff textfile textfile2
> If these don't produce the same results something is broken.
>
>             regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Order of operations in ascii vs archive format (moderately urgent)
Сообщение: Re: Order of operations in ascii vs archive format (moderately urgent)