Re: SE-PostgreSQL?

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: SE-PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:

> 2.  Apart from Kohei-san and Stephen Frost, is anybody actually
> interested in having this feature at all?

The features (both MAC, and row-level security), are interesting.

* I've worked with organizations where MAC was a big deal.

* I've had use cases where row-level security would be useful.

* If this feature's a right step of getting PG into getting onto lists of EAL-certified databases like these:
http://www.niap-ccevs.org/cc-scheme/vpl/?tech_name=DBMSit could make selling PG-backed solutions to some companies
easier. I guess that'd count as a sales/PR feature?

What I don't know is if this particular patch is the best step
to getting any of those features.