Re: Lock Wait Statistics (next commitfest)

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Lock Wait Statistics (next commitfest)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jaime Casanova wrote:

> i did it myself, i think this is something we need...
>
> this compile and seems to work... something i was wondering is that
> having the total time of lock waits is not very accurate because we
> can have 9 lock waits awaiting 1 sec each and one awaiting for 1
> minute... simply sum them all will give a bad statistic or am i
> missing something?

Thank you Jaime - looks good. I seem to have been asleep at the wheel
and missed *both* of your emails until now, belated apologies for that
- especially the first one :-(

With respect to the sum of wait times being not very granular, yes -
quite true. I was thinking it is useful to be able to answer the
question 'where is my wait time being spent' - but it hides cases like
the one you mention. What would you like to see?  would max and min wait
times be a useful addition, or are you thinking along different lines?

Cheers

Mark

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_activity.application_name
От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: Review: support for multiplexing SIGUSR1