Re: BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Lauris Ulmanis wrote:

> Bug reference:      4919
> Logged by:          Lauris Ulmanis
> Email address:      lauris.ulmanis@mykoob.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.7, 8.4.0
> Operating system:   Any
> Details:
>
> When user count in Postgres database reaches up to 500 000 - database
> command of creating users 'CREATE USER' slows down to 5-10 seconds per user.

I don't see such slowdown here, by just issuing 500000 CREATE USER
commands in a loop.

> For each of user can be associated up to 10 roles with grants to system
> objects.

That may be related..

Can you produce a repeatable test case?

--
  Heikki Linnakangas

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SPI_ERROR_CONNECT within pl/pgsql, PG 8.4
Сообщение: Re: SPI_ERROR_CONNECT within pl/pgsql, PG 8.4