Re: Question]

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Question]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 13/07/2009 09:02, hendra kusuma wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
>
>> On 10/07/2009 21:56, Jorge Arangoitia Fernandez Baca wrote:
>>
>>> I want to know if you can create a store procedure that run
>>> automatically after a certain time, something like a timer in java. If
>>> it exists, could you tell me how it is implemented??
>> Put your function in a file, and then create a cron job that runs psql
>> taking its input from the file:
>>
>>  psql -f <your_file> <your-database>
>>
>> Ray.
>>

> Ray, you forgot to mention that cron only work under Linux :)

Yeah, but you didn't say what OS you're on! :-)

For Windows (if that's what you're using) there are various
implementations of cron - one I like and use is pycron:

  http://www.kalab.com/freeware/pycron/pycron.htm

...much nicer than trying to get the Windows scheduler to cooperate.
There's also pgAgent.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie