Re: Maintenance Policy?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Maintenance Policy?
Дата
Re: Maintenance Policy?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Maintenance Policy?  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: Maintenance Policy?  (Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com>)
Re: Maintenance Policy?  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-hackers
All,

I'd suggest that we publish an official policy, with the following dates
for "EOL":

7.4   2009-08-01
8.0   2010-02-01
8.1   2011-01-01
8.2   2012-01-01
8.3   2013-03-01
8.4   2014-08-01

EOL would be defined as:

"After the above dates, the PostgreSQL Project will not promise to
provide any minor (patch or update) releases of the respective versions,
whether for security, data loss, or any other issue.  Individual
companies might choose to continue backporting patches to earlier
versions, and if they contribute these update releases we will make them
available.  However, after the final minor release date, there is no
guarantee that updates will be available and users should upgrade."

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.