Re: Password?

От Andreas Wenk
Тема Re: Password?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ms swati chande schrieb:
>     Hi,
>
>     I started everything again from scratch.
>     1. Created a new user("Swati"), with limited/ restricted rights.
>         Ensured that no password is set anywhere.
>
>     2. Ran initdb from the new user.
>                 c:\postgresql\bin>initdb -D c:\postgresql\data2
>            It displayed the DEBUG: start transaction and commit
>     transaction states etc.
>            and ended with DEBUG: exit(0)
>            A warning with the following statement was also displayed:
>                  WARNING: enabling "trust" authentication foe local
>     connections
>                  you can change this by editing "pg_hba.conf" or by
>     initdb -A.
>
>     3. After this I executed pg_ctl:
>                  c:\postgresql\bin>pg_ctl -D c:\postgresql\data2 -l
>     logfile start
>                  got the the message:server starting
>                  and the logfile contained the following:
>                      LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: No error
>                      HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on
>     port 5432? If not,
>                      wait a few seconds and retry.
>                      WARNING:  could not create listen socket for
>     "localhost"
>                      FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets
>                      LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: No error
>                      HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on
>     port 5432? If not, wait
>                      a few seconds and retry.
>                      WARNING:  could not create listen socket for
>     "localhost"
>                      FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets
>
>     4. To take care of the above issues,
>              Made the following change in the postgresql.conf file:
>                      listen_addresses = 'xxx.xxx.x.x' (my current ip)
>              and in pg_hba:
>                      host all all 'xxx.xxx.x.x' trust
>
>     5.Then issued
>              c:\postgresql\bin>pg_ctl -D c:\postgresql\data2 -l logfile
>     start
>        again.
>        Now got the following in logfile:
>                      LOG: database system was shut down at 2009-07-08
>     22:34:50
>                      LOG: database system is ready to accept connections
>                      LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
>
>     6.Opened another command window.
>        Now when I write in the new window (or even in the same),
>                      c:\postgresql\bin>createdb demo
>        OR
>                      c:\postgresql\bin>createuser -S -d -R svc
>        I am prompted for password, I don't know what to enter here.
>
>     I think I am making some mistake in pg_hba.conf. Can't make out.
>     Must be some brainless blunder some where.
>
>     Thanks a ton for sparing your time and bearing with me.
>
>     Please guide.
>
>     Regards
>     Swati

Swati, sorry to say - but I got no solution as I cannot try to simulate
this. I do not have a Windows machine ... hopefully someone else can help.

One thing anyway ...  Step 4. seems to be correct. Actually, is there a
user postgres on your system? Why not give postgres then a password (in
the windows user administration) and use

c:\postgresql\bin>createuser -U postgres -S -d -R svc

But this is really vague ...

Cheers

Andy