Re: Password?

От Andreas Wenk
Тема Re: Password?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ms swati chande schrieb:
> Hi
>
> When I write the following commands at the prompt,
>
>  >createuser -S -d -R user1
>  > createdb sample
>
> I am asked to enter a password. I have not set any password anywhere.
> Which password is it asking for?
> Please help.
> I have built from source on Windows XP.
>
> Thanks is advance,
>
> Regards
> Swati
Hi Swati,

what are the setting of your pg_hba.conf? I assume that there is a entry like this:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               password

That means that the password you are asked is the password of the standard user for your
cluster - commonly postgres.

Cheers

Andy