Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Initialise perl library as documented in perl API.

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Initialise perl library as documented in perl API.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I think we need to float a bug upstream to the perl guys on this, but
> as a holding position I suggest that we alter the #ifdef test to avoid
> calling PERL_SYS_INIT3() where MYMALLOC is defined. It's ugly, but I
> can't think of another simple way around it (and we've done worse
> things to accommodate platform weirdness ;-) )

It turns out that this doesn't work on Cygwin with its latest Perl
(which has MYMALLOC defined). If we call PERL_SYS_INIT3() it fails in
that call, and if we don't call it it fails later. We haven't noticed it
earlier because my Cygwin buildfarm member's Perl is a couple of years
old. I guess we're lucky that it's not a more critical platform, but
there is no guarantee that this is the only place it will fail, now or
in the future. I will see about following up more energetically with the
Perl people.

The workaround on Cygwin is to downgrade the perl installation to 5.8.8.

cheers

andrew