ODBC + BYTEA

От Michael Knigge
Тема ODBC + BYTEA
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
All,

I have some trouble getting a simple SQL working over an
ODBC-Connection.  My Environment:

Client: MS-Windows XP, ODBC-Driver PSQLODBC35W.DLL, Version 08.02.0400
Server: MS-Windows XP, Version 8.2.4

My SQL:

CREATE TABLE "TestTable"
           ( "ColInt"      INTEGER ,
             "ColSmallint" SMALLINT ,
             "ColVarchar"  VARCHAR ( 50 ) ,
             "ColTimestamp" TIMESTAMP ,
             "ColChar" CHAR ( 1 ) ,
             "ColDecimal" DECIMAL ( 8 , 2 ) ,
             "ColBlob" BYTEA ) ;

Now.... when I execute this SQL via ODBC, I get a

<snip>
42704 (7:1260) ERROR: type "lo" does not exist;Error while executing the
query
</snip>

I've googled around a bit and if I got things right "lo" is somewhat an
old-style datatype for binary stuff and nowadays "bytea" should be used.

But why is the ODBC-Driver transforming it into "lo"? And when it is
still in use, why isn't the server recognizing it?

Please bring me in the right direction.....

Bye,
Michael