Re: Bundling postgreSQL with my Java application

От Mark Mielke
Тема Re: Bundling postgreSQL with my Java application
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 07/06/2009 01:48 AM, Saurabh Dave wrote:
> We are bundling PostgreSQL 8.3.7 with our Java based application.
> We observe that in some systems the Database access becomes very slow
> after running it for couple of days.
>
> We understand that postgresql.conf needs to be adjusted as per the
> system specification where postgreSQL is running.
>
> Is there a utility that we can use that can check the system
> specification and change the required parameters in postgresql.conf
> accordingly?

Hi Saurabh:

No offense intended - but have you looked at the documentation for
postgresql.conf?

If you are going to include PostgreSQL in your application, I'd highly
recommend you understand what you are including. :-)

PostgreSQL 8.4 comes with significantly improved "out of the box"
configuration. I think that is what you are looking for. Specifically,
you are probably looking for "autovacuum" to be enabled.

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke<mark@mielke.cc>