Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Robert Treat wrote:
>>> I'm not sure why you would think that it's not stable.
>> Because it's exposing three or four details of your implementation,
>> which you might wish to change later.
>>
>>> I'm also not sure what you would think that it's not self-explanatory,
>>> since it looks pretty self explanatory to me.
>> It's impossible to know that this is commitfest 2009-07.
>>

> commitfest.postgresql.org/2009/07 ?
>
> That, or any similar scheme, seems easily doable with a little apache rewrite
> magic and some programming. See my blog urls for one such example.

I believe Tom wants details removed from the URL, so future
implementation changes don't either a) break bookmarks because more
stuff is needed in the URL or b) don't break bookmarks but be limited to
existing sutff in the URL (ie. hacky work arounds).  If that's the case,
your best best is to use some kind of key, like 16 random bytes
displayed in hex, that looks up the data.

IMHO, I don't see much gain to encoding the date into the url either.
This is not a great way of telling the user when something occurred.  A
lookup is going to occur either way, so why not get all data at once
using a single method?

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org