Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?

От Santiago Zarate
Тема Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Simon Riggs escribió:
> On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 00:55 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>>> I'm disappointed that you asked for opinions and then when you didn't
>>> like them, asked for them again.
>> How many times do I need to repeat this?  I got several people who
>> approved, and several specific objections to specific things in the
>> survey.   I changed the survey to address those objections, and asked if
>> there were still problems.  *just* like I would with a piece of code.
>
> You asked for an opinion, received negative counter opinions. I proposed
> an alternative and received positive support. You haven't changed things
> in line with those posts.
>
> I have one specific objection only: we, the PostgreSQL project, should
> be doing this in the name of the project, not let another do it. I
> believe that others agreed with that.

If this is the case, i dont see the problem... in fact... many are up
for it.. and yes... *we* as community should be doing this... but ATM,
noone is... and dont take me bad... but... if Edb and/or Josh, or anyone
else came with this idea... we would not been having this
conversation... dont you think?. I keep with my opinion... We should go
with this survey... and take as much advantage as we can, to have our
own community survey...

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2009-06/msg00084.php

>>> The subsequent name calling is a great way
>>> to have nobody else join the debate on either side.
>> What name calling?
>
>>> As Rob says, if you don't have clear standards about what is and is not
>>> acceptable then it will, possibly has, eroded away to nothing. Nobody
>>> has the time for strong and lengthy debates on minor points. But where
>>> do we draw the line? We just continually step backwards in small enough
>>> steps that no single step is worthy of debate.
>> When did doing a survey become a moral point?  It's a survey.  Don't
>> make it more than it is.
>
> This is just verbal dancing. The survey would never be a moral point.
> The point of the discussion was about community standards with regard to
> marketing. It's not a question of morals and I do not claim to be
> authority on morality.
>
> What are our standards? Do we have any? Would we stick to them if we had
> any?

We should have... if we dont.

Сообщение: Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Сообщение: Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?