Re: 8.5 development schedule

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: 8.5 development schedule
Дата
Re: 8.5 development schedule  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I think we used to do it more or less like that, but people
> didn't like it because they couldn't do any long-range planning.
Well, obviously the 8.4 release cycle did little to help them.
As has already been observed, there is a crying need to say "no" at
some point to get a release out.
It might actually help to do that on big patches if we don't let too
many tiny ones accumulate.  I seem to remember the argument being tossed
about that "we might as well keep working on this one because there's
all these others to wrap up."
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: foreign.h is not installed
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: 8.5 development schedule