Re: 8.5 development schedule

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: 8.5 development schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Well, think about what could happen if we go this way.  What you
> basically have here are people who have essentially ignored the
> commitfest and beta mandates and worked on new patches.  And they
> now get to say, because we already have enough patches, let's start
> the commit fest early.
Well, patches started going onto the wiki page for this commit fest
over seven months ago.  Early review takes on a different meaning in
this context.  I think the basic problem with the schedule at this
point is that we're releasing six months past the planned date; kinda
throws things off.  The question is how to get back on track and avoid
that for 8.5.
You probably have a point in that some of the patches came from people
who might have been able to help more in the review and commit
process, but I think some people lack the confidence to take on that
role; and with the features that dragged out the release half-way to
what would have been our next release date, there probably aren't many
who could have made useful contributions to the review process.
-Kevin