Re: Stuck cvs lock on anoncvs repository

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Stuck cvs lock on anoncvs repository
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
>>> I encountered the same problem again. Can you release the lock?
>>
>> Huh.  We should look into why that's happening.  The previous time was
>> right after tagging rc1, and this after tagging final ... seems like
>> there must be some connection.  Does the lockfile show anything about
>> who took the lock?
>
> should be working again now. I'm not sure why this happened but it seems
> to coincide with the daily "forced" push of the repo just after midnight.
> I suspect that we are somehow rsyncing too much state to anoncvs
> (especially the #cvs-lock directory) and we are simply missing a
> --exclude '#cvs.*' flag for rsync.

FWIW I modified the push script on cvs-master to exclude any lock
(directories) that might intermediatly show up during the run.
I'm not sure why this only started to happen now - but I suspect it
correlates with the fact that tagging seems to take a while and the
particular time marc did the tagging so that collided with the forced push.

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Stuck cvs lock on anoncvs repository
Сообщение: Re: Stuck cvs lock on anoncvs repository