Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
> On Friday 26. June 2009, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> For your primary database:
>>
>> 5)How big is the database in GigaBytes? (pick 1)
>
> From this question, I figure that users in the sub-Gigabyte range are
>  not really interesting. For my own part, I've got a primary database
> of around 50 Megabytes, which is highly organized and mostly input by
>  hand.

I can see that they want to know how many "large" db's are in use. The
real query is what options are there to choose from? <1GB or <.25GB and
<.5GB ...

My main question is why do they need this on the postgresql site when
they can run it on their site and use this mailing list and maybe the
postgresql site to get postgresql users there to fill it out?

If it is on their site I see no issue with them asking about EDB. If it
is on the postgresql site then it should be a postgresql questionnaire
not an EDB questionnaire.

Maybe the last question should be -
Would you/do you use a commercially supported/enhanced version of
postgresql?
If so which one?

--

Shane Ambler