Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?

От Santiago Zarate
Тема Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hell-o

Selena Deckelmann escribió:
> Hi!
>
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> EnterpriseDB would like to do a survey of PostgreSQL users, at least the
>> ones they can reach through postgresql.org.  The results of the survey,
>> anonymized, will be published under an OSS license for our use.
>
> That's really cool!

Considering the fact that it would allow us (the Pg Community) to give a
  nice survey (i dont know of any yet.. besides the pgsql-cert one...)
along with the rest of it (analisys, graphs, and so on... )... and under
an OSS liscence... makes it even anazingly cool...

>> Under these circumstances, is it OK for EnterpriseDB to use
>> pgsql-announce, pgsql-general and/or postgresql.org News to advertise
>> the survey and solicit users for it?  My personal thought is "yes".  Yours?
>
> It's fine until they start using their product names in the survey.  At
> that point, it's not much better than a push-poll advertising technique.
>     If those questions which contain specific commercial
> product/branding names were removed, I think the survey would be fine.

I would suggest "Would you consider using a commercial standar/advanced
server (based on PostgreSQL)... i guess it would be usefull for both...
EnterpriseDB and the community...

> My other question is how the survey is presented - is it being labeled
> as a community produced survey? Or marketing research for Enterprise DB?

I have the same question...

> -selena

Сообщение: Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Сообщение: Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?