Re: BUG #4877: LDAP auth allows empty password string

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #4877: LDAP auth allows empty password string
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Richard Tector wrote:

> Bug reference:      4877
> Logged by:          Richard Tector
> Email address:      richard@tector.org.uk
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.7
> Operating system:   FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p1
> Details:
>
> In general the client libraries for PostgreSQL error if an empty password is
> used. The JDBC drivers do not, and this has uncovered a problem with the
> server's LDAP authentication code.
>
> When authenticating against Active Directory using the method:
> ldap "ldap://osiris.capl.local/dc=capl,dc=local;CAPL\"
> Authentication is successful with both the correct password and an empty
> password, so long as a valid user is supplied. Using a non-existent username
> or an incorrect password correctly produces an error and the logon fails.

Since this is a security related report, it should have been reported to
security@postgresql.org, as specified on the web form you used.

For this reason, we will follow this up on that forum, and post a public
followup once the issue has been investigated.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Self: http://www.hagander.net/