Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?

От: Andres Freund
Тема: Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Mathieu Nebra, )
 Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Andres Freund, )
  Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Mathieu Nebra, )
   Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Mathieu Nebra, )
     Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Robert Haas, )
     Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Mike, )
     Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Mike, )
   Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Andres Freund, )
    Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Robert Haas, )
   Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Scott Carey, )
    Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Greg Stark, )
     Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Mathieu Nebra, )
      Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Craig James, )
       Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Mathieu Nebra, )
      Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Greg Stark, )
 Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Alexander Staubo, )
  Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Andres Freund, )
  Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Nikolas Everett, )
   Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Matthew Wakeling, )
  Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Mathieu Nebra, )
   Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Guillaume Cottenceau, )
   Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Chris St Denis, )
    Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Mathieu Nebra, )
 Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (justin, )
 Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )

On 06/23/2009 02:37 PM, Alexander Staubo wrote:
> (That said, I believe PostgreSQL diffs tuple updates, so in practice
> PostgreSQL might not be writing anything if you run an "update" with
> the same value. I will let someone more intimate with the internal
> details of updates to comment on this.)
No, it does not do that by default.
You can write a trigger to do that though - and there is one packaged
with the core version in the upcoming 8.4 version.

Andres

Сообщение: Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?
Сообщение: Re: How would you store read/unread topic status?