Re: Problems importing csv files

От Robert Schnabel
Тема Re: Problems importing csv files
Дата
Re: Problems importing csv files  (Tim Ryan <twilight28@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
Kindra Martinenko wrote:
 type="cite">

  I tried:
 face="'Courier New', courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif">

 face="'Courier New', courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif">COPY
BaxterCommercial
 face="'Courier New', courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif">FROM
E'H:\\transpor\\Traffic Counts\\TMS\\MarApr09\\BaxterCommercial.csv'
 face="'Courier New', courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif">WITH CSV;

 face="arial, helvetica, sans-serif">And it returned with this error:

 face="'Courier New', courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif">

 class="Apple-style-span"
 face="'Courier New', courier, monaco, monospace, sans-serif">ERROR:
 relation "baxtercommercial" does not exist

  Any
ideas?

I'm by no stretch an expert, I'd consider myself a novice, but I ran
into the same problem when I started.  I assume you're using Windows
right?  Does your table name contain uppercase the way you have it
written above?  If it does, try changing the table name to all
lowercase and change your COPY statement to lowercase.  That's what
worked for me.  Scroll to the bottom of this link
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/ddl.html  I have
resorted to just making sure all of my table names are lowercase.