Re: Replication

От Gerry Reno
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Re: Replication  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 18:35 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
>
>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>

>> It is true.  Otherwise show me a viable replication offering for
>> postgresql that I can put into production and obtain support for it.
>>

> Well, you can get support for Slony (known to to be a bit complicated
> but stable and flexible).
I've already tried Slony last year and unless something major has
changed it is not viable.  I cannot have replication that just stops for
no known reason.

> You can also get support for Londiste (which
> is used in production by Skype... I think that speaks for itself).
Londiste is beta.  The fact that Skype uses it is because it's part of
Skytools which is their product.  They may want to run their own beta
stuff.  I don't.

> You
> can get support for log shipping if all you need is simple master->slave
> redundancy.

If all I needed was log shipping I can do that myself with some scripts.

> I can name others if you like but since you are clearly not able to
> effectively use Google nor actually present production requirements so
> people can help you, I doubt it would do much good.
>
> Joshua D. Drake

So name others.

Regards,
Gerry

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Replication
От: BlackMage
Сообщение: Inserting Values into Interval