Re: Disaster recovery (server died)

От Madison Kelly
Тема Re: Disaster recovery (server died)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Miguel Miranda wrote:
> Hi, the worst have ocurred, my server died (cpu), so i reinstalled
> another server with the same postgres version.
> I have the old data directory from the old server, how can i restore my
> databases from this directory to the new one?
> I dont have a backup (pg_dump,etc), just the main previus live data
> directory from the old server.
> best regards

First, make a copy. DO NOT USE your backup until done. :)

Now then, assumin *nix;

stop the postgresql daemon, copy the data directories into place and
restart the daemon. Be sure to restore your config files like
pg_hba.conf and such while the daemon is stopped.

If your backup is in a consistent (or recoverable) state, you should be
golden. For more specific instructions, post your OS and PgSQL versions.

Best of luck!

Madi

Сообщение: Re: Disaster recovery (server died)
Сообщение: Re: Disaster recovery (server died)