Re: Maintaining user roles and permissions in Postgres - general question

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Maintaining user roles and permissions in Postgres - general question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Postgres User wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for maintaining user permissions on
> a changing database?  The lack of an option to grant specific rights
> to all objects of a given type within a Postgres db obviously places
> the burden on the administrator to keep roles updated as objects are
> added and dropped from a given database.
>
> Unfortunately for us, we don't have a dedicated db admin, so this task
> falls into the hands of developers who are probably less adapt at this
> kind of task ;)
>
> Is there a utility or set of scripts out there that helps a db owner
> with permissions admin?

your question is just too vague to even begin to know what it is you want ?

there are scripts for GRANTALL like functionality.   But, if you use
nested roles for your permissions, these things just don't come up.
Or if the database is owned by the account that creates the tables and
accesses it, again, they don't come up at all.