Re: unhelpful error message

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: unhelpful error message
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Per the fine manual, sp.count is another way of writing count(sp).

Wow, that seems a horrid kludge.  Is the standard responsible for that
one, or is it a PostgreSQL extension?

Could you point me at where in the fine manual this is covered?  I've
never stumbled across it in the many hours I've spent in reading the
manual.  A search didn't help much.  I poked around all the relevant
sections I could think of without success.  I even resorted to:

find -name '*.sgml' | xargs grep -i \\.count

which only kicked out:

./doc/src/sgml/ltree.sgml:
   Example: <literal>Top.Countries.Europe.Russia</literal>

-Kevin