Re: Named transaction

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Named transaction
Дата
Re: Named transaction  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Yes, but some other followups suggest that maybe a "named
> transaction" does something else entirely.  Thus my request for a
> definition of what the OP is actually asking for.
Well, a quick google search suggests that all three guesses here were
off base.  This is the best clue I could find with a two-minute
perusal:
# TRANSACTION_HANDLE -> use a named transaction. Firebird allows
# multiple transactions per connection. In the case below, this
# request is run in the system transaction - not available outside the
# engine.  The system transaction number is 0 and it is
# "pre-committed" meaning that its changes are immediately visible to
# all other transactions.
Does that send a nasty chill up anyone else's spine?
-Kevin