Re: performance with query

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: performance with query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Alberto Dalmaso <dalmaso@clesius.it> wrote:
> Ok, here are the last rows for the vacuum analyze verbose
>
> INFO:  free space map contains 154679 pages in 39 relations
> DETAIL:  A total of 126176 page slots are in use (including
> overhead).
> 126176 page slots are required to track all free space.
> Current limits are:  160000 page slots, 5000 relations, using 1476
? kB.

No indication of bloat there.  You could afford to free some RAM by
reducing the max_fsm_relations setting.  (You have 39 relations but
are reserving RAM to keep track of free space in 5000 relations.)

> and I attach the complete explain analyze of the complex query.

I'll see what I can glean from that when I get some time.

> All the where clausole are on indexed colums (perhaps there are too
> many indexes...)

That's not usually a problem.

The other thing I was hoping to see, which I don't think you've sent,
is an EXPLAIN ANALYZE of the same query with the settings which you
have found which cause it to pick a faster plan.  As I understand it,
that runs pretty fast, so hopefully that's a quick one for you to
produce.

-Kevin