Re: Adding the host name to the PgSQL shell

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема Re: Adding the host name to the PgSQL shell
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Mead wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Madison Kelly <linux@alteeve.com
> <mailto:linux@alteeve.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>      I work on a development and production server, and I am always
>     double-checking myself to make sure I am doing something on the
>     right server.
>
>      Is there a way, like in terminal shells, to change the PgSQL
>     shell's prompt from 'db=>' to something like 'host@db=>'? I'm on
>     PgSQL 8.1 (server on Debian) and 8.3 (devel on Ubuntu), in case it
>     matters.
>

> You certainly can do this, very similar to PS1 on linux with bash:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/app-psql.html#APP-PSQL-PROMPTING

Thanks Scott.

I'll add that the "other" escape codes, well at least newline (\n) work.

So I have in my .psqlrc

    \set PROMPT1 '%/@%M\n%# '

And an expansion on the question.  I didn't see or find in the
documentation is if there is a substitution code to get the first schema
in search_path?

\\||/
Rod