Re: News moderation

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: News moderation
Дата
Re: News moderation  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Josh,

> Put out an open call with conditions:
>
> Must be relatively active on -general or -hackers (or whatever).

-1 to putting out a call on -general.

Anyone who has permission to approve news, currently, has full rights on
all of webadmin.  This isn't safe with someone we barely know,
especially since we're having difficulty enforcing approval policies anyway.

I'd be up for broadening the approval pool, though, by approaching
people we *do* know who aren't on -www right now.  It would be also
useful to have a nag reminder: the webadmin system could send a reminder
to this list whenever we had unapproved/unrejected items more than 3
days old.

Of course, I'm hoping with a new WWW backend, it will get easier to
approve stuff and such measures won't be necessary.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.