Re: INTERVAL SECOND limited to 59 seconds?

От Sebastien FLAESCH
Тема Re: INTERVAL SECOND limited to 59 seconds?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is of course unexpected to me (one day becomes an hour)...

Actually I would even expect an error, because there are missing interval parts.

To represent a valid day to second interval, you should write '1 00:00:00' ...

'1' would be a valid day to day interval.

Always providing all interval units would clarify the user code (avoid complex
rules to get defaults), IMHO.

Just to compare with IFX interval literals:

 > select interval( 1, day to second ) from systables where tabid=1;

   201: A syntax error has occurred.
Error in line 1
Near character position 37

 > select interval( 1 ) day to second from systables where tabid=1;

  1262: Non-numeric character in datetime or interval.
Error in line 1
Near character position 36

 > select interval ( 1 11:22:33 ) day to second from systables where tabid=1;

(constant)

   1 11:22:33

1 row(s) retrieved.

 > select interval ( 1 ) day to day from systables where tabid=1;

(constant)

   1

1 row(s) retrieved.

Seb