Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 6/6/09 7:15 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com>  wrote:
>> For the 8.4 release we *must* have a page which describes most of the 8.4
>> features in plainer English than the release notes do.
>
> I'm a bit puzzled. Is there some reason the release notes should be in
> less plain English?

Yes.  The release notes are in *technical* English, which may be
perfectly clear to you, but it's not to 99% of the world.  Actually, I'd
say that our release notes are only really comprehensible to people who
are already familiar with the PostgreSQL code.  Which is fine; they are
release notes.

However, we need a document which is understandible to non-programmers
who have never used PostgreSQL before.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?
Сообщение: Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?