Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> At the very least, a mention in the documentation of incompatible
>> contrib module(s) would be nice.  Even better would be a sanity check
>> added to prevent this.
>>

> OK, I am looking to the hackers group for recommentations on this.  I
> wonder if I should recommend uninstalling /contrib modules before the
> upgrade, but that is not possible for custom data types that have
> columns already defined in the old cluster.

There is no nice answer to this. It goes way beyond data types: you
could be using the module stuff in indexes, functions, views etc. You
can't just drop the stuff. The best I have been able to do in similar
cases is to install the updated module in the database before restoring,
and ignore any restoration errors about "foo already exists" or "foo not
found in .so file". Not sure how well that translates to pg_migrator,
though.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib
Сообщение: Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib