Re: BUG #4836: Losing data

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: BUG #4836: Losing data
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Haitham Isac wrote:
> Thanks a lot Tom, I'll start with upgrading to 8.3.7 and see how is t going to be.

Just to re-iterate an important point, too: Antivirus software is KNOWN
to cause problems for PostgreSQL. See the archives. It is VERY strongly
recommended that antivirus software be uninstalled, not just disabled or
told to ignore PostgreSQL.

Well-designed, bug-free antivirus software shouldn't affect PostgreSQL,
but there doesn't seem to be much of that around.

In any case, you shouldn't really need antivirus software on a database
server.

--
Craig Ringer