Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Dave Page wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Well, it sounds about perfect for my use case too (which is
>>> approximately the same as Tom's), but the description makes it sound
>>> unsupported.  It doesn't work on Windows which doesn't bother me
>>> personally but may be a showstopper more generally.
>>>

>> It's not a showstopper for me. Can't speak for Magnus, Andrew or
>> anyone else working on Windows though. I imagine those two are the
>> most likely to have issues if they're back-patching - and that should
>> just be a matter of disk space.
>>

> Yeah, AFAIK Magnus doesn't commit direct from Windows, and neither do I,
> and this should not be a showstopper for anyone who isn't a committer.

Well, partially correct.

My workflow today is that I do the commit on a git repository in my
Windows VM. Which I then "git push" out to my linux box. Where I do a
make to be sure I didn't break things :-), and then just extract the
patch with "git diff" and apply it manually to the cvs tree, and finally
I commit in cvs...

Even if we move to git, I have no desire to push directly from Windows
into the core repository. I'll still stage it through a local one.

-- Magnus HaganderSelf: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git