Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/03/2009 06:38 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Andres Freund wrote:
>>> I think it could probably be made to work on WIndows if really
>>> necessary (e.g. by translating into perl).
>> Is the fact that its implemented as a shell script the real
>> problem? Isn't it more that "symlinks" aka Junction Points are
>> really dangerous <= WinXP? (Deleting a symlink recurses to the
>> target and deletes there).
> You have carefully left out the first sentence of my reply.
Sorry, I didnt want to imply anything by that.

> And yes, we know about junction points. I don't think either of us is
> doing any development work on XP. I do most of my Windows work on my
> laptop, which has Vista (and thus mklink as well as junction
> points).
Good then.

> And yes, the fact that it's a shell script can be a problem if
> you're not using a Unix-like shell environment.
The git for windows installation includes a functional unix-alike shell
(mingw, not cygwin or such). Some core part of git are still written in
shell, so it would not work without that anyway.

Andres

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Plan time Improvement - 64bit bitmapset
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git