Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/03/2009 06:17 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think the appropriate question is why doesn't it work on Windows,
>> and is that fixable? Without having looked, I'm guessing the issue
>> is that it depends on hardlinks or symlinks --- and we know those are
>> available, as long as you're using recent Windows with NTFS. Which
>> does not sound like an unreasonable baseline requirement for someone
>> committing from Windows.
> I think it could probably be made to work on WIndows if really necessary
> (e.g. by translating into perl).
Is the fact that its implemented as a shell script the real problem?
Isn't it more that "symlinks" aka Junction Points are really dangerous
<= WinXP? (Deleting a symlink recurses to the target and deletes there).

Andres

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Plan time Improvement - 64bit bitmapset