Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>>

>>     *  plperl fails with Perl 5.10 on Windows
>>           o tgl says: no reports of this with pre-8.4 Postgres, but I
>> bet that's just because no one tried it
>>           o dpage says: I'm rolling back the Windows installers to
>> use 5.8 for now. Would appreciate help from anyone familiar with Perl
>> internals to try to debug this further!
>>
>> -- Dunstan, Wheeler, Sabino-Mullaine, 'lil help please?
>>

> I'm working on it.

Well, the first problem we encounter is this gem in the GNUMakefile (and
there is an equivalent in the MSVC build setup):
   ifeq ($(*PORTNAME*), win32)   perl_archlibexp := $(*subst \,/,$(perl_archlibexp)*)   perl_privlibexp := $(*subst
\,/,$(perl_privlibexp)*)  perl_embed_ldflags = -L$(*perl_archlibexp*)/CORE -lperl58   override CPPFLAGS +=
-DPLPERL_HAVE_UID_GID  /# Perl on win32 contains /* within comment all over the header file,   //# so disable this
warning.  /override CFLAGS += -Wno-comment   endif

Note the hardcoded perl58 library name.

If we fix that then we get the previously reported crash. I'll try to
put some traces in to see exactly why that might be happening.

cheers

andrew