Re: warm standby with WAL shipping

От Geoffrey
Тема Re: warm standby with WAL shipping
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 15:21 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>> My problem is, I never see a *.history file, thus my script sits in a
>> loop looking for it.  I see the WAL files showing up on the archive
>> server, but I don't see a *.history file.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>
> pg_standby it self isn't a solution for warm standby. It is a component
> thereof. Also don't use SCP. Use rsync. Take a look at walmgr or
> PITRTools it will make your life easier.

So, I'm looking at the PITRTools stuff, but I really want to understand
how this all works.  I'm shipping my wall files fine.  I've been able to
recreate my database from a backup and the accumulated WAL files.  The
problem with my current process is as noted, my script keeps looking for
the *.history file, but never sees it.  I see the list of files on my
archive machine growing, so I know WAL shipping is working. I've created
my backup as instructed in the docs.  I don't know how/where the
*.history file is generated and/or why it's not showing up in the
archive directory with the WAL files.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin